Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dear Judith Miller,

So Judith Miller who was ultimately fired from the NYTimes and pretty much decried across the entire journalistic spectrum as being biased and in general a journalist who's facts were loose and sources skeptical at best now says that the Bush administration is trumping civil liberties and she's worried. Additionally, she goes on to say that the rights and protections of journalists need to remain intact (I agree) (and remember Judy went to jail protecting her sources) but she's "concerned" about bloggers...

And I quote:

"I'm worried about bloggers," she said. "(A post) starts as a rumor and within 24 hours it's repeated as fact."

Well Judy - Fuck you. You're a hypocrite. How many rumors as facts did you get published in the New York Freaking Times? I began my career as a professional journalist and I personally will continue to act more like a "professional" journalist in this relatively new media than you did at the NYT...

No comments: