Saturday, November 11, 2006

Travis County a Blue Island in a Sea of Red Texas

I'm so glad I moved to Austin!

HD 47: Turning Travis Blue

It took until nearly midnight, but with all 46 precincts finally reported
by the Travis Co. clerk, Democrat Valinda Bolton beat out Bill Welch in state
House District 47, at one stroke replacing retiring incumbent GOP Rep. Terry
Keel and turning the Travis Co. House delegation Democratic solid blue. "People
are so hungry for change," Bolton told the Chronicle a few hours earlier at the
Democratic Party election celebration at the Stephen F. Austin hotel. Reached
again by phone just after the final returns were released at about 11:30pm,
Bolton said, "I'm excited, I'm enthusiastic, and I'm just beginning to realize
that a whole new phase of my life is about to begin."

No comments: