Monday, November 13, 2006

Thoughts/Comments?

Here's a conversation starter... Let's have some commenting dialog on this gem from Sir Elton:

"I think religion has always tried to turn hatred toward gay people," John said in the Observer newspaper's Music Monthly Magazine. "Religion promotes the hatred and spite against gays."
"But there are so many people I know who are gay and love their religion," he said. "From my point of view, I would ban religion completely. Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is an over simplifaction and it would take more then a miracle for religion to be banned world wide. So to me it is sort of a useless comment by Sir John.

Jeremy in Austin said...

I agree... And actually a little suprised it made it to the top of the headline news on cnn.com... At least throw it in the Celebrity gossip section. Sort of a non-story really.

Jon Lee said...

Elton John should shut the fuck up.